10 Question Quiz
1. Where is Darfur?
2. Darfur is about the same size as what European country?
3. When did the conflict in Darfur start?
4. Who are the Janjaweed?
5. Which ethnic groups are involved in the conflict in Darfur?
6. How many people have died as a result of the conflict in Darfur?
7. How many people have been displaced by the conflict in Darfur?
8. What is UNAMID?
9. Who is the President of Sudan?
10. What is significant about 2013?
1. Darfur is the western region of Sudan, Africa.
4. The Janjaweed are the armed militia supported by the Sudanese Government to carry out the genocide, alongside and independent of, the Sudanese Army.
5. Arabs and Africans
6. Up to 400, 000
7. More than 3 million
8. United Nations African Mission in Darfur. The United Nations Africa Mission in Darfur (UNAMID) is a joint African Union/United Nations operation in Darfur. It has been authorised by the United Nations Security Council under Resolution 1769 since mid-2007.
9. Omar al-Bashir
10. 2013 is the 10th anniversary of the conflict in Darfur.